Runaway offers scrapbooking, rubber stamp and papercrafting supplies for Salem, Oregon’s creative spirits!
Welcome to Runaway Art & Craft Studio, LLC. We are the newest addition to the creative scene in downtown Salem, Oregon, offering both supplies for and instruction in papercrafting, memory arts, scrapbooking and related creative activities.We offer a full range of supplies, including inks, papers, art stamps, diecuts, stencils, ribbons, markers and a wide variety of embellishments and other creative bits to make your own creative work complete.Our courses provide opportunities for first-time crafters to learn the basics and for experienced crafters to add to their creative toolkits. Owner Christy Wood and our other excellent instructors love to share their experience with others who love the creative arts — as well as to learn from the creative insights of their students.
The store is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday thru Saturday, and from 11 a.m to 5 p.m Sundays.
- A word about classes — Dina Wakley, Kendra Krebs, Marianne Walker and more! - Edgar Allan Crow and the Runaway gang wanted to make sure you had some info about our upcoming classes. First, we still have room in Dina Wakley’s first class when she comes June 8 & 9 — and the waiting lists for the other two aren’t all that long (and we’re looking at ways to […]
- John Creighton Petersen comes to Runaway once again April 6-8! - John Creighton Petersen comes to Runaway once again April 6-8! John is bringing his unique talents back to Runaway with a new set of classes. He will be here from April 6-8, and he’ll be offering three classes, each of which provides its own unique flair! Mixed Media Resin Jewelry with John Creighton Petersen Friday, […]
- Runaway has loads of new inventory — come check it out! - If you haven’t been to visit Runaway in the past few weeks (or even in the past few days), you’ll want to know that owner Christy Wood’s time at the Creativation Trade Show was definitely time well spent. “I bought four times as much as I did last year,” she said as she and her […]
- Runaway celebrates Copic markers with special guest Marianne Walker on February 8 - Come join special guest and “Copic Markers Wonder” Marianne Walker. Check out our new “tower of Copics,” including our new line of Copic Ciao markers, as well as plenty of Sketch and Various Ink markers. Catch a fun demonstration by Marianne, take advantage of our special celebration specials — and maybe even win a prize! […]
- Christy’s Workshop Helps You Get an Extra Jump on “Creative JumpStart” - Just wanted to remind you again about the opportunity to join “Creative JumpStart” — a series of mixed media instructional videos by different artists — and take a special Runaway workshop to get the most out of the opportunity! When Nathalie Kalbach was here in December, she told us about Creative JumpStart, a series of […]
- “Don’t Make Us Count It!” — Pre-inventory sale thru Sunday, Dec 31 - Edgar sez… Pre-inventory sale thru Sunday, Dec 31 20% off * discounted stamps and dies in small room (taken off of marked discount) * Art Advantage paints and medium (excluding white gesso and gloss gel) 25% off * Stencils * Ribbon * Stampers Anonymous Stamps 30% off * handmade paper […]
- Join “Creative JumpStart” — and take advantage of a special Runaway workshop to go with it! - We want you to know about the opportunity to join “Creative JumpStart” — a series of mixed media instructional videos by different artists — and take a special Runaway workshop to get the most out of the opportunity! Hello everyone! When Nathalie Kalbach was here in December, she told us about Creative JumpStart, a series […]
- It’s Christmas Cardmaking Class Season at Runaway Art & Craft Studio! - Afraid you’ve missed your chance to make cards at Runaway? Some classes are complete, but we have several still coming on the schedule: Graphic 45® Christmas Star Book with Teresa (class full, with a waiting list) Sunday, November 19 @ 10 am – 3 pm […]
- Mixed Media Artist, Designer, Author Nathalie Kalbach comes to Runaway December 2 & 3 - Runaway is pleased to bring Nathalie Kalbach, author of Artful Adventures in Mixed Media – Art and Techniques Inspired by Observation & Experience. Although now living in New Jersey, Nathalie is a native of Germany who has taught classes in mixed media art applications around the world. She has more than a decade of teaching experience and […]
- Runaway celebrates the sun’s return from the eclipse with a “Bring Back the Sun” Sale Aug 23-27 - Runaway is celebrating the sun’s return from its disappearing act during Monday’s eclipse with a “Bring Back the Sun” Clearance and Stockroom Sale from Wednesday, August 23 thru Sunday, August 27. If you are in the area, stop by! We are having a HUGE sale. The classroom will be filled with items that need to find […]