Runaway offers scrapbooking, rubber stamp, mixed media and papercrafting supplies for sale to Salem, Oregon’s creative spirits!
Welcome to Runaway Art & Craft Studio, LLC. We are the newest addition to the creative scene in downtown Salem, Oregon, offering both supplies for and instruction in papercrafting, memory arts, scrapbooking and related creative activities.We offer a full range of supplies for retail sale, including inks, papers, art stamps, diecuts, stencils, ribbons, markers and a wide variety of embellishments and other creative bits to make your own creative work complete.Our courses provide opportunities for first-time crafters to learn the basics and for experienced crafters to add to their creative toolkits. Owner Christy Wood and our other excellent instructors love to share their experience with others who love the creative arts — as well as to learn from the creative insights of their students.
Visit us from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday thru Saturday, and from 11 a.m to 5 p.m Sundays. Other than the occasional special event, we are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Small Business Saturday Sales All Weekend! - Small Business Saturday specials all weekend (November 30 and December 1)! We have a big 12×12 printed papers sale. 40% off Authentique and Graphic 45 papers, 50% off all other 12×12 decorated paper. We also have our “dot” sale going on with 30-70% off selected items — for example, almost all of our Dina Wakley stamps […]
- Runaway’s Holiday Schedule - Runaway will be open during our regular hours this holiday season — so come by Wednesday thru Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm or on Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm. We will be closed Mondays and Tuesdays (just like normal). We also will be closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s […]
- Runaway Offers Special “Inktober” Prompts - Robin Bielefeld has given us some great inspiration for Runaway’s Inktober prompts. Runaway team member Kiah helped Christy Wood come up with a fantastic list of prompts. So the idea is to draw or use a stamp to create a card based on the following prompts. Please tag all of your posts #Runawayinktober2019 so we […]
- Seth Apter comes to Runaway Nov 9 and 10! - Runaway is very excited to be hosting yet another nationally known mixed media artist. This time the very talented Seth Apter will be joining us for two workshops on Saturday, Nov. 9, and Sunday, Nov. 10. Take a look at the descriptions below — “50 Ways” on Saturday is full and has a good-sized waiting […]
- Jamie Dougherty coming to teach at Runaway August 10 & 11th - Mixed media artist Jamie Dougherty will be coming this summer to teach two art journaling classes on August 10th and 11th. Jamie is a talented artist from southern California who has designed for Prima Marketing and is currently working closely with Ranger. Jamie’s art journaling classes are suited for students at any skill level. No […]
- Prize Drawings to benefit the American Cancer Society - This past weekend was Stamp Out Cancer! This fun event is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society and sponsored by the “Just Beat It” Relay For Life team. Participants created stunning art and enjoyed their community all day Saturday and Sunday while donating to help stamp out cancer once and for all. To continue on the […]
- Runaway First Wednesday July 3 - Runaway Art & Craft Studio is joining the Salem First Wednesday crowd — come celebrate our downtown, including a special demonstration from 4 pm until 7:00. And, of course, the store will be open late as well! Share this post: on Twitter on Facebook on Google+
- 2019 Spring Paper Journey — “Let’s Get Cookin'” — from March 18 thru March 30! - “Let’s get Cookin” Runaway Art & Craft Studio is joining Paper Parachute, Whimzee’s Scrapbook Studio, Main Street Stamp & Stationery, Impressing Ideas, and Paper Craft Addiction (that’s just the list so far — thanks to the folks at Paper Parachute for getting the ball rolling!). We are launching the new Spring Paper Journey, built around […]
- Dina Wakley kicks off 2019 with a February visit to Runaway - We here at Runaway are so excited! We will be the first store where Dina Wakley teaches in 2019 using her new products released in the middle of January. Dina will be at Runaway on Thursday, Feb. 21, Friday, Feb. 22 and Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019. You will find out the basic information bout her […]
- Runaway’s “Don’t Make Us Count It!” Sale thru Dec. 30 - It’s almost time for Edgar Allan Crow and the Runaway gang to complete the 2108 inventory. If it’s in the store on January 1, we have to count it, so help us out — and get a deal in the bargain! 50% off 12×12 printed paper 40% off all handmade and large printed paper At least 35% […]