- This event has passed.
Heritage Cards Workshop (Evening)
October 22, 2013 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$40
Instructor: Sonia Allen
Take some time to begin a different kind of family scrapbook. Heritage Cards are like scrapbook pages in a condensed form. Each card portrays a family member through photos, drawing, painting and collage. In this class we will design and complete several cards to get you started on this fascinating keepsake project.
- repurposed box of your choice (cigar box, stationery box, etc)
- Card stock or 300 Series Smooth 100 lb. Bristol paper cut to fit your box
- fine line black pen (e.g. Micron, Pigma, Copic Multi-Liner, Staedtler Pigment Liner))
- acrylic paint: your choice of 2 tube colors
- acrylic paintbrush (round #6 or flat 1/2″)
- collage elements: decorated papers, fabric scraps, paper doilies, etc.
- family memorabilia (laser copies of 3-D items and to preserve originals) e.g. photos, maps, stamps, letters, newspaper clippings, ticket stubs, etc
- adhesive of choice